Sante DICOM Viewer Free is an image viewer for medical image (DICOM) files.
Thanks to its comprehensive feature set, intuitive interface, unparalleled stability, speed and easiness of use,
it is one of the most popular medical image (DICOM) viewers worldwide with hundreds of thousands of satisfied users, and also it is the DICOM viewer of choice of
many hospitals, universities and industries. It provides all the necessary tools for the manipulation and measurement of images, and offers all the
needed features in day to day practice.
Sante DICOM Viewer Free uses the same engines and modules as our non-free products, without discounts in speed, reliability or quality,
because "free" for us does not mean "cheap". It has more features and capabilities than the most of the other free and commercial programs,
and for that reason is used by many thousands of users, professionals or not.
Sante DICOM Viewer Free can be used as a stand-alone desktop application, but also it is suitable for DICOM CD/DVD distribution.
It runs from CD/DVD without installation, it does not have any additional software requirements like .NET or Java run-time libraries, and opens automatically
the DICOMDIR file in the root of the CD/DVD.
Sante DICOM Viewer Free is Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP compatible. The setup file contains both 64bit and 32bit versions of the program
and the installer selects automatically the right version for the target machine.
Sante DICOM Viewer Free supports all the modalities (CT, MR, US, CR, NM, XA, MG, DX etc.), all the manufacturers, and all the DICOM file types (DICOM 3.0/NEMA 2).
Price: none! (free of charge)
Screenshots (click to enlarge)
|The main interface
||The program supports all the modalities
|The series mode
||The user can adjust the screen layout
|The Multi-planar reconstruction (MPR) mode
||Ultrasound region calibration module support
Features and benefits
- Powerful DICOM Viewer
- Easy to use with native Windows "look and feel"
- Compatible with all modalities (CT, MR, NM, US, XA, MG, CR etc.), all manufacturers and all DICOM 3.0 and NEMA 2 file types.
- Support of all charsets (latin, chinese, japanese, korean, cyrillic, greek, etc.)
- On-line, case sensitive help
- Synchronized frame view between the series
- Synchronized level-window between the series
- Synchronized field of view between the series
- Measurement tools (distance, angle, polyline)
- Overlay layer support
- Annotation texts and arrows
- Interpolated (smooth) zoom and advanced zoom tools (e.g. dynamic zoom, zoom window)
- Image orientation (flip, rotate)
- Orthogonal Multi-planar Reconstruction (Ortho MPR)
- Cross-reference lines support
- Ultrasound region calibration module support (calibrated Ultrasound measurements)
- Support of jpeg, jpeg2000, tiff, png, and bmp image formats
- Comparison of DICOM files tag by tag
- Buld-in Hexadecimal DICOM Viewer
- Exports files/series to HTML files
- Exports series to a single HTML file
- Exports files/series to png/bmp files
- Export DICOM Headers to text files
- Comparison of DICOM files tag by tag
- Image processing filters (blur, sharpening, convolution masks, min mask, max mask, median mask etc.)
- Creation of DICOM CD-ROMs/DVD-ROMs
- Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista and XP compatible
- Price: none! (free of charge)
Compare with the other programs...
The program is free of charge and it can be installed and used in any number of computers, from everyone.
Users can distribute the software to their patients/clients.
The program can be part of another software package and it can be distributed with it. Any prior permission is not required.
Create DICOM CD/DVD
(recommended for users)
- Download Sante DICOM Viewer Free (for desktop usage) and install it.
- Open the desired files/series.
- Select the menu command "FileCreate DICOM CD/DVD".
Usage for CD/DVD distribution
(recommended for integration with other software packages)
- Download Sante DICOM Viewer Free (for CD/DVD distribution) and decompress it.
- Write all the files of the application in the root folder of the CDR/DVDR.
- Write the DICOMDIR file in the root folder of the CDR/DVDR.
- Put the patient's files within the folder that is referred by the DICOMDIR and write this folder in the root folder of the CDR/DVDR .
The program accepts in the command line two switches: with the -f switch the program opens the first series and with the -a switch it opens all the series of the DICOMDIR file.
Without a switch the program opens the DICOMDIR file and lets the user to select one or more series.
The archive contains three samples of the autorun.inf file, one with the -f switch, one with -a switch and one with no switch.
Select one of these files, (if you select the Autorun - a.inf or the Autorun - f.inf rename it to Autorun.inf) and copy it in the root folder of the CDR/DVDR).
- Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP(SP2/SP3)
- Intel Core i3 1.3GHz or greater
- 1024 MB memory or more
- VGA card and Monitor that support resolution 1024x768 or above and true color (16M Colors)
- Pointer device (Mouse)
- 100MB free space on hard disk
Download the application